In today’s market there are plenty of options in decking materials. There are many brands of composite and synthetic decking, so it seems overwhelming choosing the right one for your home. The choice is further complicated since most of the major composite decking companies have discontinued, changed, or reformulated the first generation of their product due to poor performance. Your local building material dealer or builder can help recommend a deck product, but ultimately it’s up to you as the homeowner to select the best decking for your taste and outdoor living area.
Lumber and building material dealers typically carry a variety of top decking brands from various manufacturers. Each brand will have differences in appearance and composition (wood to plastic ratio, high-density plastic, low-density plastic, polyethylene plastic, polyurethane plastic, recycled content, color variety, hollow or solid and more).
Key points for choosing decking material:
- past performance – does the product have a proven track record?
- color – will the colors offered complement your home’s exterior?
- appearance – is the surface aesthetically pleasing?
- texture – does the surface look and feel like real wood (not like plastic)?
- durability – how well has it performed for builders and other homeowners?
- price – the most expensive deck board isn’t always the best deck choice
- warranty – will the manufacturer stands behind its warranty?
By prioritizing your personal decking and railing criteria and boiling down the results you can usually narrow your best decking brands to just a few. When it comes time to remodel or build that new deck; Archadeck is available to guide you through the decision-making process and help you achieve the deck you have always dreamed of. Combine that with our custom design and build availability you get a deck for you taste and your outdoor living area.